The North Reach Kite Review
Sizes: 5, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15m
Boost. Loop. Foil. Surf. The Reach is a lively and playful all-round performer with unparalleled versatility and wind range for big jumps, upwind performance and effortless relaunch.
Evolved from a calculated fusion of the Orbit, Pulse and Carve, this kite is designed to excel in every condition, from wave-riding to boosts, loops and freestyle tricks. Travel light, enjoy whatever nature has in store, and be ready for any adventure. Its stable, fuller profile generates power and efficiency, while the lighter 3-strut design with tight turning radius, light impulse and bar pressure helps to deliver fast, responsive steering.
It has a fun, nimble feel and effortless park and ride, is your go-to for wave-riding in lighter wind and the perfect match for our Sonar Foils. In the larger 13m and 15m sizes the Reach is a powerful lightwind specific kite, specially designed with a predictable, consistent drive forward for TwinTip riding long after everyone else has gone in. All conditions. All purpose. All ways ready. The Reach Performance Freeride is the one kite you'll always reach for.
- Your desert island kite: Lively and playful, with unparalleled versatility and wind range, for whatever nature has in store.
- Big Hangtime: Open arc design for boosts and loops with a reliable catch.
- Lightwing Optimised: Stable and balanced fuller profile delivers power and efficiency in every condition.
- Quick responsive steering: Designed with light bar pressure and steering impulse for a fast response with tight turning radius.
- Confident relaunch: Moderate LE Diameter and swept design provides additional buoyancy and helps the kite to release quickly from the water, even in the lightest conditions.
- Tactile Handling: Precisely balanced for wave-riding and foiling.
- Upwind drive: Efficient, draft-forward profile
- Freestyle progression: A forgiving kite with power when you need it for freestyle manoeuvres.
- Travel Light: Ready for any adventure. The lightest kite in our range, with 3-strut construction to keep the weight down for optimal steering and performance, without compromising strength or durability.
- Aerodynamic Efficiency: We've optimised the Profile Transition Panels for an even more efficient airflow ensuring a precise aerodynamic profile shape.
- Short, no-pulley Bridle: Gives a more direct feeling in both steering and depower.
Shaun Bennet says, “ It’s ridiculous, I can literally do a full blown boogie loops on a 12m” another feature he highlights is how the kite is able to stop “on a dime” This leads to reliability on the kite with not only stopping but catching him on the loops.