If it’s happening, it’s happening here! Stay in-touch and up-to-date with any events, races, downwinders, and more!
2019/2020 UPCOMING EVENTS:
Season Opener Party - Friday, October 4, 2019
Tampa Kite Invasion - Saturday, October 5, 2019 (fallback date: 10/06/19)
Elite Hydrofoil Regattas' Fall Regatta - November 1-3, 2019
Elite Big Air Classic - November 16, 2019 (fallback date: 11/17/19)
Foil Expression Session & Beach Spring Cleaning - February 22, 2020
* * * * * * * *
Season Opener Party
When: Friday, October 4, 2019: 7pm to 11pm
Where: ELITE WATERSPORTS: 4100 34th Street South, St. Petersburg, FL 33711
Every year, on the first weekend of October, the Elite Watersports crew invites all local kiteboarders, friends, and family to the shop to celebrate the beginning of our favorite time of year: windy season!
Join Elite Watersports as we celebrate with drinks, food, yard games, live entertainment (live band and fire-entertainers), a Silent & Live Auction!! This year will be extra special, as it will also be the kick-off to our first annual Tampa Kite Invasion, with a captain's meeting at the beginning of the evening.
- We will begin the shop party at 7:00pm with the Tampa Kite Invasion Captain's Meeting; if you're planning on competing in the downwinder the following day, you must be present for this.
- The Steve Sipes Band goes on 7:30-9:30pm.
- The SILENT AUCTION will begin as soon as the party starts and the winners will be announced at 8:30pm. LIVE AUCTION immediately following.
- Fire-Entertainers will begin their show immediately following the band's final song (approx. @ 9:30pm)
- Drinks and food will be available to all! If you're known for a dish you make or you love bringing something edible to a party, feel free to BRING A DISH.
- Along with all the exciting new products up for auction, you will also get the opportunity to view many of the new 2020 products from our top brands, displayed throughout the showroom floor.
Special 'shout out' of THANKS to our amazing sponsors
These brands make the auction and downwind drag race possible!! If you have a moment, take a look at all the great stuff each brand is bringing to the table for the 2020 kiteboarding season.
* * * * * * * *
Tampa Kite Invasion
When: Saturday, October 5, 2019: Time TBA
Where: Exact location TBA. Dependent on wind direction, see options below.
Join us for the First Annual Tampa Kite Invasion on the first weekend of October. This event will be a Downwind Drag Race, from point A to point B, route dependent on wind direction.
- Option 1: Gandy to Skyway (17 miles)
- Option 2: Sandkey to Pass-A-Grille (20 miles)
- Entry fee is $55 and $25 of each entry fee goes toward a donation to Tampa Bay Watch; the remaining amount will go toward boat support and an event t-shirt.
- Three categories: Surfboards, Foilboards, and TwinTips.
- Awards Ceremony immediately following the last few finishers reaching the beach.
Everyone will begin the downwinder about 20 miles away from the finish line. This will be a fun, competitive, and exciting downwind drag race. If you like to go downwind and like to do it quickly, this is the race for you! There will be boat support throughout the race.
Not looking to "compete", don't worry! This is a perfect event for folks just looking to do a fun downwinder, too! There will be three different categories of board options to give fair chance of victory to all those out there competing. During the awards ceremony, we will also have prizes for a number of categories beyond just the first few places, so you will want to plan on sticking around after the race!! Plenty of refreshments and snacks at the finish line waiting for you to enjoy and recover from the downwinder!
**More precise details, such as start time and location, to be announced as it gets closer. If wind does not cooperate on the 5th, we will move event to Sunday, October 6th.**
This event weekend will be the largest of all our events this year, and the one you will not want to miss!!
For more information on the Season Opener Party or Auction, please call (727)800-2202 or email Ride@EliteWatersports.com
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING, PLEASE SEE THE BELOW AREAS NEEDING ASSISTANCE:
- Auction Items Needed (products/services/items/art)
- Boat Support Needed (Boats, Jetskis, and Race Committee)
- Beach Support at Start and Finish Lines
- Food and/or Beverages Donated for Competitors at Finish Line
Thank you to more of our generous sponsors: