2020/2021 UPCOMING EVENTS:
Season Opener Party - Friday, October 2, 2020
Tampa Kite Invasion - Saturday, October 3, 2020 (fallback date: 10/04/20)
Elite Hydrofoil Regattas' Fall Regatta - November 7-8, 2020
Elite Big Air Classic - TBA
Foil Expression Session & Beach Spring Cleaning - February 6, 2021
* * * * * * * *
Season Opener Party
When: Friday, October 2, 2020: 7pm to 11pm
Where: ELITE WATERSPORTS: 4100 34th Street South, St. Petersburg, FL 33711
Every year, on the first weekend of October, the Elite Watersports crew invites all local kiteboarders, friends, and family to the shop to celebrate the beginning of our favorite time of year: windy season!
Join Elite Watersports as we celebrate with drinks, food, yard games, live entertainment (live BAND!), and a Silent & Live Auction!! This year will be extra special, as it will also be the kick-off to our Second Annual Tampa Kite Invasion, with a captain's meeting at the beginning of the evening.
- We will begin the shop party at 7:00pm with the Tampa Kite Invasion Captain's Meeting; if you're planning to compete in the downwinder the following day, you must be present for this.
- The Darren Doughty Band goes on 7:30-10:00pm.
- The SILENT AUCTION will begin as soon as the party starts and the winners will be announced around 9:30pm. LIVE AUCTION immediately following.
- Drinks and food will be available to all! If you're known for a dish you make or you love bringing something edible to a party, feel free to BRING A DISH. There will be plenty of table space to add to the buffet line!
- Along with all the exciting new products up for auction, you will also get the opportunity to view many of the new 2021 products from our top brands, displayed throughout the showroom floor.
Tampa Kite Invasion
When: Saturday, October 3, 2020
Where: Exact location TBA. Dependent on wind direction, see options below.
Join us for the Second Annual Tampa Kite Invasion on the first weekend of October. This event will be a Downwind Drag Race, from point A to point B, route dependent on wind direction.
- Option 1: Lassing Park to Skyway
- Option 2: Treasure Island to Pass-A-Grille
- Entry Fee is $55 and $25 of each entry fee goes toward a donation to Tampa Bay Watch; the remaining amount will go toward boat support and an event t-shirt.
- Three Categories: Surfboards, Foilboards, and TwinTips.
- Awards Ceremony immediately following the last few finishers reaching the beach.
All Teams will begin the downwinder at Point A and finish at Point B. This will be a fun, competitive, and exciting downwind drag race. If you like to go downwind and like to do it quickly, this is the race for you! There will be boat support throughout the race.
The Tampa Kite Invasion will not only be an awesome downwind drag race but it will also be a TEAM RACE. Each race participant will pair up with a teammate; both members of your team will be at the start line (Point A) and you do not finish the race until BOTH members of the team have crossed the finish line (Point B).
There will be a buoy marker and a support boat anchored at the finish line; all finishers must go through the "finish line gate" in order to be recorded as a finisher.
The first TEAM to cross the finish line wins! Both teammates' name will be etched on the event Trophy that lives at the Elite Watersports shop. They will also be given individual trophies to take home.
So, start thinking about who you want your teammate to be and go ahead and come up with something to wear that signifies you are a team (matching face paint, matching crazy hats, matching tutus... whatever! Be creative but keep in mind you will still be required to wear the event t-shirt with your jersey number visible.)
**More precise details, such as start time and location, to be announced as it gets closer. If wind does not cooperate on the 3rd, we will move event to Sunday, October 4th.**
This event weekend will be the largest of all our events this year, and the one you will not want to miss!!
For more information on the Season Opener Party or Auction, please call (727)800-2202 or email Ride@EliteWatersports.com
--> REGISTRATION HERE <--
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING, PLEASE SEE THE BELOW AREAS NEEDING ASSISTANCE:
- Auction Items Needed (products/services/items/art)
- Boat Support Needed (Boats, Jetskis, and Race Committee)
- Beach Support at Start and Finish Lines
- Food and/or Beverages Donated for Competitors at Finish Line
- Event Sponsorship - Contact Us for more information!