Slingshot Rally GT V2 Kiteboarding Kite
The evolution of the Rally GT V2 for 2021 sees the kite's design dialed up to be even more user friendly with improved turning speed, upwind performance, and water relaunch. Simply put: If you're looking for maximum freeride versatility, this is the kite for you.
The Rally GT V2 is designed to be a true all-riders, all-conditions, one-kite-wonder that is unrivaled in terms of versatility and friendly performance.
To improve the Rally GT V2's turning speed, we tapered the diameter of the leading edge to be smaller and more efficient, which allows the kite to move quicker through the wind window, as well as providing upwind reach. This more effective leading-edge also adds more power per size and lighter bar pressure, especially in the larger sizes of the kite.
The Rally GT V2 also features a new bridle configuration and leading-edge attachment points that allow for a better range and even more stellar relaunch than the inaugural versions. By integrating pulleys into the new bridle, we've made the Rally GT V2 steer and respond faster, as well as have better water relaunch.
4-Point IRS Bridle: The 5m, 6m, 7m, Rally GT V2 features our 4-point IRS bridle system. This IRS system features a bungee line on the lowest leading edge connection that provides superior stability as well as immediate and smooth kite feedback. This bridle configuration maintains that legendary Slingshot bar feel yet delivers hero level turning speed without any delay in handling and response.
4-point Pulleyed IRS Bridle: On the 8m, 9m, 12m, and 14m sizes, we have engineered an all-new bridle configuration to aid in setting response and speed. By reconfiguring the IRS bridle system with a new frictionless pulley, we have made great advancement in the kite's reaction time as well as the kite's response at the edge of the wind window. This equates to greater light wind performance, water relaunch, as well as a larger wind range and upwind ability.
Why You'll Love The Rally GT V2
The ultimate all-around crossover kite
- The easiest kite for learning and progression
- Optimized for turning speed and upwind ability
- Water relaunches quicker than any kite in our range
- Infinite range and versatility
- 4x4 Canopy Tech: The canopy on the Rally GT V2 is constructed with Teijin 4x4 reinforced ripstop material. This is the strongest, stiffest, and most durable canopy material on the market. Your kite will last longer, have a higher resale value, and feel more solid and stable in the air, especially in gusty wind.
- Three-Strut, Future Retro-C Canopy: Provides the ideal balance between friendly, responsive handling and stability with smooth, sheet-and-go power delivery. A versatility shape that excels in all conditions.
- Segmented Swept Wingtips: The Rally GT V2's variable diameter wingtip segments to combine to create a uniform and structured design with a cleaner, more efficient swept wingtip shape. This design aids in the Kite's structural stability, response time, as well as water relaunch.
- Four-Point Bridle: Pulleys on the new four-point bridle configuration deliver more dynamic steering, especially in the larger sizes.
- Multiple Attachment Points: Different attachment points integrated into the kite allow you to fine-tune handling, power, and performance-based on your riding style and the conditions of a particular session. Even small changes to these settings can make a big impact on the kite's overall performance, making this an important tool for getting the most out of your kite every time you ride.
- Splitstrut: A Slingshot innovation that has been copied industry-wide, Splitstrut integrates the kite canopy and struts into one firmly interconnected piece rather than the canopy being sewn over the strut like lesser designs. Splitstrut creates a stronger, more stable, and more durable canopy, enhances power under heavy load, and creating efficiency and rigidity in the overall frame.
- Surf-Tough Construction: Reinforced seams and strategic surf-grid canopy that isolates tears and reduces the change of catastrophic blowout in the event your kite goes through the wringer in the surf.
- One Pump Speed System: Another game-changer Slingshot Innovation now used industry-wide, One Pump lets you inflate and deflate your kite through a central valve. If you ever had an older kite with separate strut valves, you'll know how much of a hassle it was.