Airush Switch V11 Twintip Kiteboard
Sizes: 132x39 / 135x40 / 138x41 / 141x42 / 144x43 / 148x44 / 152x45cm
- Easy & comfortable freeride board.
- Step down rail for maximum edge control.
- Multizone Biotech Core.
The longest-running board model in kiteboarding history – the Switch is the ultimate refined freeride machine. Designed for all-around fun riding, combining ease of use with forgiving and friendly handling, the Switch matches the needs of progressing kiters and those looking for a comfortable ride. With the new kiter in mind, the progressive single concave provides excellent comfort for a smooth and lively riding experience. Thin rails ensure a clean water release and offer sensationally low drag and easy upwind tracking.
- Full-flex tip technology.
- Refined 3D shape.
- Centralized stiffening.
- Freeride rocker.
- Freeride specific outline
"The Switch is the longest running Twin Tip design in kiteboarding, going right back to the earliest days of the sport. Legendary designers like Jimmy Lewis and Colin McCulloch have in the past worked on this model. With the 20 years of history it is quite an honor for me to be able to put my own take on this important board in the Airush line up." – Designer Dave Kay
The Switch is a Freeride model and for many Airush customers it will be their first board. To this end the Switch needs to be EASY: easy to ride, easy to control, and easy to get upwind on. It also needs to not limit a rider's progression, it can't be a board that you 'outgrow' in a short space of time.
The key design points that lead to this 'easy rider' style are:
- Progressive single concave bottom shape, deeper in the middle for lift and upwind ability and flat in the tip to keep this area flexible.
- Thin Step-down rails for clean water release and low drag.
- Low rocker for fast planning and easy upwind ability.
- ‘Mid square’ outline for tracking and stability
On the looks - the graphics team has killed it this year too; the exposed wood and color coded accessories have made it an amazing package.