If you want to combine watersports with a thrilling adrenaline rush, kiteboarding is just the activity for you! We tailor our lessons to suit your specific needs so you can face the waves confidently and navigate in any direction to take your ride to the next level.
About Our Lessons
Our kiteboarding lessons are fully customizable for each student. No matter how long it takes to learn how to kiteboard, we'll assist you every step of the way. You’re always supported and our instructors work with you until you’re comfortable on the water.
Our students can take everything from beginner classes to advanced lessons on their kiteboarding journey:
- Beginner lessons: To kickstart your lessons, beginners are required to undergo what we call “kiteboarding ground school." We'll walk you through the safety gear you need and proper rigging techniques to build your confidence. Next, you'll move into knee-deep water and begin dealing with a real kite.
- Intermediate lessons: At this stage, we'll teach you how to walk while flying. You'll also learn how to relaunch after crashing and how to fly through the wind window to simulate riding on the board. It's important to be familiar with the safety system that can release your kite with the push of a button and lessons will make you more comfortable with these mechanisms.
- Advanced lessons: With advanced lessons, you're ready to get on the board. Your instructor will teach you how to fly the kite in the right direction. If you successfully master these skills, you'll advance to effortlessly transitioning when you’re in the water and achieving full self-sufficiency on your board.
- Lesson packages: We have four pricing packages available to cater to your budget and learning situation. These packages include options for group lessons and jet ski support options.
What You Need For Kiteboarding
Our lessons include the kiteboarding gear you need to successfully face the waves with confidence. We also offer you the option to purchase your own so you can keep practicing. Get familiar with the following gear:
- Control bars for steering and keeping you on your desired course.
- Harnesses that keep you connected to the kite bar and create a balance zone.
- Kites that correspond with your style of riding.
- Foot straps or bindings that keep you on your board and allow you maneuverability.
- Kiteboards for surfing through the waves.
- Wetsuits, an option for keeping warm in the water.
Why Kiteboard in Sarasota?
Sarasota, Florida, has the perfect weather and beaches for kiteboarding. If you're interested in kiteboarding, you'll find there are regular watersports events held locally for you to join!
Venture into Your Kiteboarding Journey
Still not sure kiteboarding is right for you? At Elite Watersports, we also offer wind-winging, hydrofoiling, e-foiling and wakeboarding lessons. With over 21,000 hours of lessons in Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Tarpon Springs and Dunedin, we're available all week and offer full-shop support and jet ski assistance with our certified and experienced instructors.
Contact us or visit our store for more information!