NEW for 2020, the SlingWing is part windsurfing, part kiteboarding and part flying, each broken down to their most basic form. When you combine it with a foil, you get an entirely new sport that simplifies the experience and gear you need to fly across the water powered by the wind. If you’re new to windsports, the SlingWing is easier, safer and more user-friendly than any of its predecessors, and if you’re an experienced wind junkie, it’s a fun and simplistic style of riding you’ll enjoy instantly.
The SlingWing is a light weight inflatable wing that has a rigid frame when pumped up and can be packed in a small bag when deflated. No harness, control bar, lines, mast, boom or battens needed. It’s designed to be used with a foil or paddle board with enough volume for the rider to stand on and can also be used with snow sports or skating.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THE SLINGWING
Using the wind to propel you across the water (or land) is an addicting sensation, and the Slingwing is yet another form to get your fix. You need decent board skills, but little to no sailing or kiting experience to get the hang of it right out of the gate. Its unique appeal comes from how simple it is and the freedom you feel using it. Just stand on your board, hold the wing at the proper angle and off you go. To ease power, just sheet out or let go with your back hand and the wing drifts with you like a paper airplane.
WHO IS IT FOR?
One of the greatest things about the SlingWing is how simple and safe it is to use. All you really need are moderate board/foil skills and a basic awareness of the wind. It was designed to be combined with foiling, and since the friction is so low, it takes very little arm strength to use once you’re cruising. It works the same without a foil- on a paddle board, skis/snowboard or skateboard- but may require more strength to use for extended periods.
- Bombproof Slingshot Construction- We have 20+ years building the most durable gear on the market. The SlingWing is built to the same standards with many of the same innovations we use in our top-of-the-line kites.
- Reflex Inflatable Trailing Edge Design- The SlingWing’s unique design features an inflatable trailing edge that completes a rigid frame around the entire wing (not just the leading edge like other designs). This makes a big difference in performance, wind and load tolerance and gives it “pitch positive” flight. The frame keeps it from flapping, fluttering and folding in the wind the way less robust designs are prone to.
- Power Grip Y Handle Layout- Multiple grip points in a Y shape along the leading edge and center strut gives you the freedom to position your hands in the ideal position no matter how you maneuver. This unique design also gives you better leverage over the wing to manipulate its angle of attack with greater precision and less strain.
- Wide Boy Mono Strut- The SlingWing’s center strut is large and in charge, and for good reason. The wide strut profile allows the power grip handles more leverage over the center axis of the wing, which translates to an easier and more efficient control in your hands.
- Buddy Windows- See-through panels along the center strut provide increased visibility when using the wing out front instead of overhead.
- Skate Scuff Tough Strips- An attention to detail that will dramatically increase durability for anyone looking to use the SlingWing as a crossover toy for skating or on the snow. Scuff strips are located on the wingtips where they are vulnerable to damage from dragging on rough surfaces.
- High Pressure Valves- For maximum air pressure in the Reflex Trailing Edge.
- 30 Piece Constant Curve Leading Edge- Segmented leading edge sewn in multiple sections to create the perfect shape and taper while maintaining stiffness throughout the wing.
- One Pump- The Original Single Point Inflation System gets you on and off the water faster.
Wing|Wing Bag|Safety Leash|Manual|Patch kit
- Pump Sold Separately